Re: [beekeeping] Beekeeping in Tasmania

  • Linda Rae
    Message 1 of 5 , Jan 9, 2006
      thankyou George ... A battle and yes it so often seems a losing one, so we
      should all enjoy the honey while it's still available - I'm new to the
      beekeeping scene and learning to enjoy the great variety of honey we
      harvest. ... Linda

      At 08:54 PM 9/01/2006, you wrote:
      >Tragic Linda, but no different than the devastation of the rain forests,
      >just closer to home.
      >
      >Good luck with the battle!
      >
      >George-
      >
      >At 02:06 PM 1/9/06 +1100, you wrote:
      > > The Leatherwood is just starting to flower, so a busy time is about to
      > >begin ... maybe you might like to read a little about our plight in
      > >Tasmania http://www.saveyourleatherwoodhoney.com/
      > >
      > > Linda
      >
      >---------------------------------------
      >George & Nancy Fergusson
      >Sweet Time Apiary
      >326 Jefferson Road
      >Whitefield Maine 04353
      >207-549-5991
      >http://www.sweettimeapiary.com/
      >

      >Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Neil
      Message 2 of 5 , Jan 12, 2006
        Linda... I will be living in Tasmania soon and I wanted to re-start
        maybe 2 -3 hives.. I have some bee hives and some equipment from my
        father. I will be living in suburbs - Sandy Bay, Hobart - with the
        bush about 1/2 km away.

        Can you tell me of any Govt/Council regulations about keeping bees?
        Also can you let me know where I maybe able to purchase or acquire
        2 or 3 "friendly" swarms?

        Many thanks

        -Neil

        --- In beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, George Fergusson <gsferg@s...>