New to Beekeeping

  • petra waldrop
    Message 1 of 11 , Jan 1, 2006
      For my Birthday in March my husband got me a beehive and a colony of
      bees. I went to check them the other day and they were gone. What
      did I do wrong? Where can I get some more local bees (Satin, Tx area).
      Need advise.

      Thanks
      Petra
    • Lew Best
      Message 2 of 11 , Jan 2, 2006
        Hey Petra

        Contact me back channel (bee_keeper@...) & I can give you a
        couple of leads.

        Lew (between Waco & Downsville)

        <<snip>> Where can I get some more local bees (Satin, Tx area).
        Need advise.

        Thanks
        Petra

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        1/2/2006
      • Paul Rowland
        Message 3 of 11 , Jan 7, 2006
          You checked them nine months later??? And you wonder what you did wrong??? Is this an early April fools joke?

          On 1/1/06, petra waldrop <satinpearlfarm@...> wrote:
          For my Birthday in March my husband got me a beehive and a colony of
          bees.  I went to check them the other day and they were gone.  What
          did I do wrong?  Where can I get some more local bees (Satin, Tx area).
          Need advise.

          Thanks
          Petra

          Beekeeping Beekeeping supplies Beekeeping equipment

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

        • Linda
          Message 4 of 11 , May 17, 2008
            Hello!
            I am wanting to start keeping Italian bees on a small scale. Just one
            or two hives. Is it too late in the season to start? Or can I go ahead
            and get my equipment and package bees? I live in Oklahoma. Thanks! Linda