Re: [beekeeping] Too Late to requeen

  • George Fergusson
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 31, 2005
      If you can find a queen, it's probably worth it, otherwise they'll not make
      it through the winter. It's certainly late, though I just requeened a hive
      about 2 weeks ago.

      Where are you located?

      For queens you might try Michael Bush- he still had some the last time I
      checked:

      http://www.bushfarms.com/bees.htm

      George-

      At 05:31 AM 10/31/05 -0800, you wrote:
      > opened one of my hives this weekend and could not find the queen or
      >brood. I could not find here in Sept but was in a hurry and figured I just
      >missed her. I have about one super full of bees. My question is can I
      >requeen this hive for winter or is it too late?
      ---------------------------------------
      George & Nancy Fergusson
      Sweet Time Apiary
      326 Jefferson Road
      Whitefield Maine 04353
      207-549-5991
      http://www.sweettimeapiary.com/
    • Paul Rowland
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 1, 2005
        You can get queens year-round from Kona Queen(http://www.konaqueen.com/about.html). Your environment is different, every apiary is different. You know your bees best.

        On 10/31/05, George Fergusson <gsferg@...> wrote:
        If you can find a queen, it's probably worth it, otherwise they'll not make
        it through the winter. It's certainly late, though I just requeened a hive
        about 2 weeks ago.

        Where are you located?

        For queens you might try Michael Bush- he still had some the last time I
        checked:

        http://www.bushfarms.com/bees.htm

        George-

        At 05:31 AM 10/31/05 -0800, you wrote:
        >     opened one of my hives this weekend and could not find the queen or
        >brood. I could not find here in Sept but was in a hurry and figured I just
        >missed her. I have about one super full of bees. My question is can I
        >requeen this hive for winter or is it too late?
        George & Nancy Fergusson
        Sweet Time Apiary
        326 Jefferson Road
        Whitefield Maine 04353