european dark bees

  • chuck
    Message 1 of 4 , Oct 4, 2005
      Good afternoon
      I hope someone can help me with this.Im looking for some pure european
      dark bees.I know that since the Varroa mite has made its presents
      known here in the states that they have became quite rare.If any one
      knows were i can get some at id greatley appresate your imput.
      Thank you
      Sincerley yours
      Charles Smith
    • DAVE
      Message 2 of 4 , Oct 4, 2005
        Where I come from they used to call em German bees. Right you are bout
        the mites killing em off. Haven't seen any here in North Carolina for
        years and years. Remember that there was a discussion on BEE-L a while
        back about Dark English Bees, called em AAM or AMM or something like
        that that. Might wanna try them. Not sure about importing em though.---
      • FarmerBrown49@aol.com
        Message 3 of 4 , Oct 5, 2005
          In a message dated 10/4/2005 5:26:05 P.M. Central Daylight Time, davidbrowder@... writes:
          Where I come from they used to call em German bees. Right you are bout
          the mites killing em off. Haven't seen any here in North Carolina for
          years and years.
          That is what they were called here in South East Texas too.  And I haven't seen or heard anything about them for several years.

          Sammy
          Our web site: http://www.brownsbees.com  or
          http://brownsapiaries.com/
          Other screen names I can be reached at: sammy@..., farmerbrown49@..., ASamBrown@... Host your Web site with BizLand!
        • D.O.
          Message 4 of 4 , Oct 6, 2005
            I caught a swarm here in Santa Clara County, CA in
            April. The queen is laying half Germans and
            half--probably Italians. I've had no problems with
            them. They've built up very strong over the summer,
            and are well stocked going into winter.

            (http://www.bizland.com/join/index.bml?AffID=556091&LinkName=brownsbizland)

            http://mail.yahoo.com