Re: [beekeeping] Re: trouble with a division board feeder

  • PalOfHim@aol.com
    Message 1 of 16 , May 1, 2002
      In a message dated 5/1/2002 11:22:41 AM Central Standard Time, jleeper@... writes:

      Mann Lake has some good 3
      gallon feeders that are pretty indestructible.

      Do we have an Email addy for this company ??

      Zer
    • Chance C. Geurin
      Message 2 of 16 , May 1, 2002
        On Wed, 1 May 2002 12:38:03 EDT, PalOfHim@... wrote:
        >Do we have an Email addy for this company ??

        http://www.mannlakeltd.com

        Chance C. Geurin (chance@...)
        Colorado Springs, Colorado
        Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx
      • PalOfHim@aol.com
        Message 3 of 16 , May 1, 2002
          In a message dated 5/1/2002 12:09:21 PM Central Standard Time, chance@... writes:

          http://www.mannlakeltd.com

          Thanks !!  Oh yea !!  And I use to live in Colorado Springs !!

          Zeruiah~
        • Chance C. Geurin
          Message 4 of 16 , May 1, 2002
            On Wed, 1 May 2002 13:36:26 EDT, PalOfHim@... wrote:
            >Thanks !!  Oh yea !!  And I use to live in Colorado Springs !!

            You're welcome!  Good place to live except for the drought we're having right now.  Hopefully we'll have enough wildflowers for the bees!  I'm new at this beekeeping thing myself (first year), but so far all is going well!  Knock on wood...

            Chance C. Geurin (chance@...)
            Colorado Springs, Colorado
            Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. Groucho Marx
          • Mark Coldiron
            Message 5 of 16 , May 1, 2002
              > Hi Shanta
              >
              > I am interested in your comments about bee venom and MS. I suffer
              > with relapsing-remitting MS, fortunatly with almost no long term
              > disability, but I used to get at least 2 relapses per year. Since
              > keeping bees, this is only my second season, I have had NONE!
              > (possibly coincidence)
              >
              > Do you know of any studies that are working on venom in MS or any
              > research?
              >
              > Richard
              > (Berkshire, UK)

              Subscribe to the following group. They have the info you want.

              Mark in West Texas

              SUBSCRIBE
              subscribe to the list

              JOIN
              subscribe to the list

              UNSUBSCRIBE
              unsubscribe from the list

              REMOVE
              unsubscribe from the list

              SUSPEND
              suspends your account until you send a RESUME account

              SUSPEND-xx
              suspends your account for xx days or until you send
              a RESUME command

              RESUME
              restarts your suspended account

              SEARCH-xx
              search messages from the past xx days
              (xx is a number). Enter the text you wish
              to find as the first line of the message
              body

              DIGEST
              get detailed help for DIGEST commands

              DIGEST-xx
              set digest period to xx days (xx is a number) and
              turn on digest mode

              DIGEST-OFF
              turn off digest mode

              DIGEST-ON
              resume digest mode using default or last selected period

              RESEND
              get a single digest message for the last 7 days of messages

              RESEND-xx
              get a single digest message for the last xx days of messages
              (xx is a number)

              STATS
              Statistics

              HELP
              get help with list commands (this message)

              If the subject of your message is anything other than one of the
              above commands, the message is forwarded to everyone who has
              subscribed to the mailing list.

              A digest is a single MIME-encoded message containing the contents of
              all the messages posted to the mailing list during the digest period.
              If you send the DIGEST-xx command to the list, you will no longer
              receive individual messages. Instead you will receive digest
              messages at the specified interval. To resume receiving individual
              messages, send the DIGEST-OFF command.

              Kind regards,
              Durk Ellison
              Apitherapy-L owner/moderator
              Durk.Ellison@...
            • bbbayneus
              Message 6 of 16 , May 1, 2002
                I have designed a feeder that holds up to six quarts of syrup and
                takes the place of a super. It works along the same premise as a hive
                entrance feeder, but it is protected from the elements and from
                scavengers. I have been contemplating on selling them. If you would
                like some pictures and a further description, drop me an e-mail at
                bayne@....
              • ME Smith
                Message 7 of 16 , May 2, 2002

                  Hi everyone!  My name is Emmy and I am a first year beekeeper in NC with a lot of questions that I hope you can help me with.  I installed my two hives about two weeks ago on Sunday April 21.  I have been feeding them sugar water with an outside jar feeder.  This seems to be doing the trick...both hives have been going through about a quart of sugar water every three or four days.  I went back into the hive this Monday to check things out.  I was impressed by all the work they had done.  Both hives had worked on about four or five frames.  Not really sure what I was seeing.  I know that none of the cells were capped but there were some with darker stuff in them and some with a light amber color.  I did see the queen on one of the frames so I quess everying was okay.  They seem to be working on the cells in a pretty organized fashion...the frames were all covered with either filled cells or the comb had been nicely drawn out.  Does it sound like everything is all right?  What is in the cells and how can I tell which is honey and which is brood.   My other major question is about space and when to add another brood chamber or start adding supers.  I was planning on going back into the hives two weeks from the last time.  Are they going to run out of room in the brood chamber by then?  Do I need to add another brood chamber or just start adding supers for honey?  Any advice would be appreciated!

                  Thanks so much;

                  Emmy

                  gypsygurley@...

                  Do You Yahoo!?