Re: [beekeeping] Was: After extracting..then what? Now: Thanks!

  • Joel Govostes
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 24, 2002

      Hi Barb -

      You could try a food processer.  I haven't but seems like it might do the trick, if it is powerful enough to grind the honey.

        Barb Miller <barbmill@...> wrote:

      Hi Joel and Karen,
      Thanks for the helpful hints - especially regarding creamed honey. Think I
      could use a food processor instead of the meat grinder? I noticed that the
      fall honey crystallized rather rapidly and I assume that it's because of the
      golden rod. The summer honey stayed liquid longer but not long enough to
      put on store shelves...Joel - do you monitor the temperature of the honey in
      the water bath or just stir until liquid and then remove from the heat

      just stir until completely liquid and then remove from the heat.

      Do You Yahoo!?