drugs

  • jleeper@qwest.net
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 23, 2001
      I'm using Miteathol (sp?) vs. Apistan for the first time this fall.
      What experience have people had?
    • Leslie Walton
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 27, 2001
        --- In beekeeping@y..., jleeper@q... wrote:
        > I'm using Miteathol (sp?) vs. Apistan for the first time this
        fall.
        > What experience have people had?

        To measure the effectiveness of Mite-A-Thol requires lab work. The
        trachea mites are microscopic. Varoa mites, on the other hand, can
        be seen with the naked eye and are about the size of a period in
        normal size text. I have gone to alternating every other year
        between Apistan and Coumaphos (Bayer Strips). Some people apply
        Apistan spring and fall. I am applying Apistan or Coumaphos in the
        fall only. I am hoping this protocol will help minimize mite
        resistance to the chemicals.
        You need to use Mite-A-Thol in the fall AND either Apistan or
        Coumaphos. I also apply syrup medicated with Fumidil B both spring
        and fall and grease patties with Terramycin in the spring only.