Remember...

  • LemonLily@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 3 , May 1 1:10 PM
      You guys probably don't remember me but I thought that I would tell
      everyone that we have received 6 full hives (one queenless and queen
      is on the way). We bought these hives from a nice man from Delaware
      county NY. I do have one question. I opened up the queenless hive
      and found that there were a few queen cells that are empty. I
      thought that their was a possibility that a queen was reared and she
      killed the queens that had not hatched yet. But on the other side my
      father believes that the worker bees had a problem with raising them
      and it was a worker bee laying and that was a no go. Our queen is on
      the way so no major crisis or anything just a question from an
      ameteur to the experts.

      K. Sutton
    • Bill Johnson
      Message 2 of 3 , May 1 8:17 PM
        A laying worker will lay eggs in a sporadic pattern and sometimes several
        eggs in each cell. Further they only develop into drone brood.

      • LemonLily@hotmail.com
        Message 3 of 3 , May 2 5:09 PM
          Thanx Bill.

          Thankfully we received our queen today and are all set. Our queen
          was alive and was sent with some workers luckily, everyone was alive
          and well. Thank you for writing. Later everyone.

          K. Sutton

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/