Re: More New Beekeeper Questions

  • pool1@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 4, 2001
      Hi Vickie,
      I'm also in my first year of beekeeping. I live north of Atlanta.
      The Cherokee County Beekeepers are a very active organization and offer
      good classes and advice.

      I have been to some classes and talked with some of the professional
      beekeepers and one super is all they recommend for normal usage.

      I am getting my bees this year through them in "Nucs." They will have
      already been given the spring dosages of fumidil and won't need
      anything when they arrive on April 11. You might want to check if
      yours have already been treated. There is no reason to treat twice.

      I know the Cherokee BeeKeepers have a website, but don't know address
      right now, and links off of some of the bee keeping pages. If you are
      interested in finding out more, e-mail me back and I'll find an adress.

      I hope this helps.
    • Vickie
      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 6, 2001
        Thanks. I'll look them up. My bees arrived last week and, so far
        they are doing fine. I'm feeding them with sugar water. I have two
        hives. I ordered mine from Rossman Apiaries.
        Good luck this year and let's stay in touch!

        Vickie