New + Question-magazine

  • LemonLily@hotmail.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2001
      Hello all I am just starting beekeeping but my father and grandfather
      have owned many hives in the past and still have all of their
      equipment along with 50-60 hives. We are looking to buy a few hives
      of bees. We live in upstate NY south of Syracuse. We are looking
      into buying from Drapers but if anyone is selling out or interested
      in selling a couple of hives I would be very grateful for their
      address or phone number. Thank you.

      Also I am wondering what all of you think is the best magazine for
      beekeeing. Is it Bee Journal or Bee Culture? Just thought I would
      ask. Thanks everyone!

      K. Sutton
    • Garry Libby
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 17, 2001
        Hi K.,
            They are both great magazines. American Bee Journal is a little more technical than Bee Culture. If You join Your local  or state bee club You can get a 25% discount just tell the magazines when You subscribe. Joining a club is also a great way to meet local beekeepers, some who have been keeping bees for many years. When I started six years ago I met a 83 year young beekeeper who became My mentor, I learned a great deal from Him.
        Maybe You could find someone willing to sell a hive or two . In My county club there is a guy moving who is selling His three hives, too bad We are in MA.
        Good luck to You.
        Garry Libby
        Attleboro, Massachusetts, USA