RE: [beekeeping] Any members

  • Garry Libby
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 28, 2000
      Hi Rodney,
          I plan to treat in the middle of August. Any honey they make after that time I will leave for them to winter on.
      Also, it is important to treat for Nosema disease which 80% of the bees in America have. You use Fumidil-B to treat for that, one teaspoon per gallon of 2/1 syrup in fall. And two gallons of 1/1 medicated syrup in Feb.
      George Imirieis a Masterbeekeeper Who lives in MD, He would be glad to answer questions as to the optimal treatment time for Your area.
      Good luck,

      Garry Libby
      Attleboro, Massachusetts, USA
      41.56 N    71.17 W