Requeening

  • Susan Jordan
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 2, 1999
      Well, I guess I was silly to put faith in an idea like that. Could someone
      describe what a queen cell looks like. Also, if you were to just leave the
      hive, and the bees made there own queen, how long would it take before you
      would begin seeing capped brood. When you order a new queen, how long will
      it take form the time she is released from her cage to the time you will see
      capped brood. I am located in Ontario Canada.

      Susan
    • tiffany n osander
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 2, 1999
        >> Could someone
        describe what a queen cell looks like.

        It looks like a big peanut dangling from the bottom of the frame. There
        shouldn't be very many of them. If there are any at all there should only
        be maybe 3 or 4 at the MOST.

        TIFFANY osander@...
        mom, student, massage therapist, beekeeper,
        apprentice fire dancer, cometgoddess
        "Leave a little to nature; she understands her business better than we
        do."
        -Montaigne, Essays, 1595

        or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]