Re: bee plants

  • James A. Ward
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 8, 2005
      I have finally ordered some plants for spring arrival... and also have seed for most of the plants (not for the trees), which I will be starting soon in my hobby sized greenhouse.  Not all the plants are for the bees, but oh well.  What I have ordered in actual plants are:

      Columbine
      Bee Balm
      Salvia
      Bleeding Heart (continuous blooming type)
      Trumpet vine
      Blazing Stars
      Sugar Sweet Cherry (Bush type)
      English Lavender
      Forget-Me-Not
      5 on 1 Pear trees
      5 on 1 Apple trees
      Dwarf Asters

      I also have already here:
      Blueberry bushes
      Apple trees (also some at my neighbors)
      Grape Vines
      Current bushes
      Blackberries (also some at my neighbors)
      Elderberries (also some at my neighbors)
      Raspberries (also some at my neighbors)
      Daylilies (ALLOT!!!)
      Clematis Vines
      Trumpet vines
      Hollyhocks
      Hosta
      Coreopsis
      various herbs
      patch of Crown Vetch (also some at my neighbors)
      Lilacs
      Roses
      Rose of Sharon
      American Bittersweet
      Lily of the valley
      and more I am sure I am forgetting!!

      Looking Forward to happy and healthy bees this year.

      Peace,
      Jim