need Honey

  • Thomas
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 17, 2005
      Hi guys

      just moved to New Oreans, an i'm looking for a new honey
      contaction, i know thats sounds bad, i make mead an my honey stock
      is all most gone, any one in the area please e-mail me at
      wolflord200069@... an Thanks for all the good info,hoping to
      start keeping some bees soon .

      Thomas
      AKA :Tommaso (SCA)
    • Matthew
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 18, 2005
        what is the general opinion about feeding pollen in
        the early season? I usually start sugar water in early
        march, but never fed pollen before.
        thanks
        matthew

        =====
        Matthew Pollard "Racing with the wind and flirting with death
        Dept. Of Chemistry So have a cup of coffee and catch your breath"
        University of Idaho
        www.ftir.chem.uidaho.edu

        http://info.mail.yahoo.com/mail_250
      • davidbrowder
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 18, 2005
          I usually feed em pollen substitute in Feburary. Sometimes they eat it,
          sometimes not. Tried making patties and just dry powder. Noticed that when
          they're in the cow feed thoughs eating cowfeed the pollen substitute that I
          put in the hives gets gobbled up pretty quick. I think that the Red Maple
          buds have a big bearing on how hungry they are this time of year in North
          Carolina. Course your results may vary at different latitudes. Spring
          feedings like Spring planting, talk all ya want. We're really just making
          guesses.