entrance reducers

  • Larry Kelly
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 26, 2004
      What size on an entrance reducer should in the midwest? should I use
      the 2" or 4" opening?
    • Kevin Sidden
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 26, 2004
        I have used 4 inch width here in north carolina.
        > What size on an entrance reducer should in the midwest? should I use
        > the 2" or 4" opening?
        >

        > Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Kevin Sidden
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 27, 2004
          I assume it gets A lot colder in the midwest so I would use A 2 inch.

          > I have used 4 inch width here in north carolina.

        • Alan Schultz
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 28, 2004
            usually the larger opening, otherwise the hive does not get enough ventillation to reduce the moisture inside and the bees freeze due to the condensation that they produce.......it is not the cold that kills the bees, but the wetness together with the cold.
                          Alan Schultz, Massachusetts