Re: [beekeeping] hive carrying device

  • M Nist
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 22 5:18 PM
      Hi Barry

      I've heard of people using a simple dolly to move their hives - that
      is after they completely secure every part of their hive so the bees
      can't escape.

      I know you said you wanted to make it yourself, but maybe this one in
      the Dadant catalog can give you ideas:
      <http://www.dadant.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=193>

      --Madeleine in NJ

      > I'm trying to come up with an inexpensive and easy to make hive
      > carrying tool.  Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
      > Barry
      > Indianapolis
    • Kyle Jones
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 1, 2004
        I have used a dolly on several occasions. i used a tie down strap around the hive top to bottom to keep the supers from coming appart. on several occasions i have moved hives that had many holes, so I moved them at night took my time and didn't get stung or lose any bees.

        M Nist <mnist@...> wrote:
        Hi Barry

        I've heard of people using a simple dolly to move their hives - that
        is after they completely secure every part of their hive so the bees
        can't escape.

        I know you said you wanted to make it yourself, but maybe this one in
        the Dadant catalog can give you ideas:
        <http://www.dadant.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=193>

        --Madeleine in NJ

        > I'm trying to come up with an inexpensive and easy to make hive
        > carrying tool.  Anyone have any ideas? Thanks
        > Barry
        > Indianapolis

        Do you Yahoo!?