Ants

  • kij1951
    Message 1 of 31 , Jun 20, 2004
      I have one hive that in the past has had small black ants living
      between the inner and outer covers. I usually took them off gently so
      as not to knock off ants and larva, then carry it off a good distance
      and knock them off. This year the same hive has large black ants and
      using the same method doesn't seem to work. Even mashing as many as I
      could after dumping the inner cover. Is there any tricks to getting
      rid of them? Good strong hive in Blue Ridge of Virginia, I have
      already taken off 2 supers of honey and they have 2 more that are
      almost capped and sourwood season hasn't started. Thanks
    • Shiloh Kelly
      Message 31 of 31 , May 31, 2013
        Put cinnamon in them.