Re: [beekeeping] COURSE I CAUGHT IT

  • davidbrowder
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 30, 2004
      Read it, a pretty good book. Give em lots and lots of space. Got 2 of those Snellgrove boards (BetterBee), never had any luck with em though. When bees take a mind to swarm sometimes it seems impossible to stop . Had three hives that looked VERY VERY healthy, like it would be a sure bet they'd be swarm material later on. So I pulled one frame of partially uncapped brood from each hive and put em in 2 frame nuc boxes. Put an empty frame beside the broodframe, shook a bunch more bees on top of em and closed it up. That ought to take a little pressure off things!!  Might be pushing the spring weather (If it gets too cold the brood'll die) a bit though.