Re: New to list-Questions

  • ann fisher
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 1999
      Bob and Teresa,
      Thanks for the information! Where do you get the 4.9cm. foundation?
      How often do you feed your bees the Tea Tree Oil in sugar water? Do you
      leave the paper towel with the mineral oil on it at the doorway all the
      time? Thanks again!

      Ann
      PA

    • bobbees@xxxx.xxx
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 1999
        Hello Ann,
        I get my 4.9 comb from Ed and Dee Lusby here in Tucson Arizona.Here is
        their e-mail address.
        deelusbybeekeeper@...
        You can write to them and they can tell you who is close to you who uses
        the 4.9 comb.She is the President of the Southern Arizona Bee
        Association.

        We feed the bees the T T oil when we feed them in the early spring to get
        them stimulated into laying more brood.
        When we catch a swarm and hive it we usually feed them. At any time that
        we need to feed a starving hive they get a little.

        We put the paper towel in the door way to make them cross it .
        The bees will eat up the paper towel. If you treat the bees in the fall
        and in the spring , it will give them a little head start against the
        mites.DO NOT TREAT WITH TEA-TREE OR ANY OTHER MENTHOL OIL WHEN; 1. two
        weeks before making the divides. 2. for about three weeks after the queen
        starts laying. If you do the bees will more than likely will lose the
        queen. The queen's smell will be covered up by the menthol smell. We have
        had the bees turn on the queen and supersede her.We work with the Italian
        and the African , and whatever is in the area.