Re: Re: [beekeeping] cold weather feeding

  • M Nist
    Message 1 of 27 , Jan 31, 2004
      How badly does it crystalize when the weather warms up?

      --Madeleine

      We mix 2 /1 sugar cold.  We put air in a 200 gal tank at the bottom and in 20-30 min. it is dissolved
      Message 2 of 27 , Feb 1, 2004
        I started at a120 water and sugar all over the place.  The compressor settles out at 40 psi and that works good.  I used a 1/2 in copper bent in a L and drilled 6 1/16 in. holes on the bottom.
        wow, thats impressive.  You just let the air flow up from the bottom?  At what psi and volume?

        ace
        We mix 2 /1 sugar cold.  We put air in a 200 gal tank at the bottom and in 20-30 min. it is dissolved

        > Good one.  Does anyone know how to keep sugar from settling out from
        > the water?  I've heated the water quite hot and stirred and stirred,
        > but it still settles at the bottom.  Thanks.
        >
        > Eileen

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        ---

        Yahoo! Groups Links

        Yahoo! Groups Links

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 27 , Feb 1, 2004
          Ferguson Apiaries wrote:
          I started at 120 (pounds of of air pressure,) water and sugar all over the place.  [Talking out mixing sugar and water with an air hose]
          WOW!  Bet that was an awsome sight to behold.  Wish I had been there to see that.  You should have video taped it and sent it in to funny camera candids.   MIKE
        • Mike
          Message 4 of 27 , Feb 1, 2004
            Graham Law of England wrote:

            I have just completed ('complete' as anything ever is on the web :-) a new
            FAQ aimed at beginner beekeepers that you may find a useful resource to
            point such people towards.

            It is UK in flavour in regard to Who's Who and Supliers etc but the meat
            of the FAQ should be of universal use.

            Check out:

            http://homepage.ntlworld.com/gandboss/bee_faq.htm

            Any constructive comments welcome.

            Best regards
            Graham Law
            Leicestershire
            UK

            I have just quickly perused the site and even though it is slanted towards the English point of view, it seems to be very comprehensive, easily read, and quite constructive for newby beekeepers.

            Mike Located 1/2 way between Montgomery and Mobile, Alabama

          • Eileen Barnes
            Message 5 of 27 , Feb 1, 2004
              Yikes!  Did it work?
              Eileen

              Think twice before eating farmed salmon. Find out why:
              http://www.care2.com/go/z/11051/1067
            • Eileen Barnes
              Message 6 of 27 , Feb 1, 2004
                Thank you Madeleine.