Recipe Donations

  • total_vitality
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 27, 2004
      Dear Group Members,

      I am planning to write a cookbook with proceeds going to benefit
      autistic children or people with Lou Gehrig's Disease (Also know as
      ALS). If I can't decide I may write two smaller ones.

      I am looking for recipe donations for simple and quick to prepare
      recipes with 5 or less ingredients, not counting salt and pepper.
      Of course honey is preferred! They should be on the healthy side
      and of course, tasty. Please include your full name, address and
      permission to include the recipe in my book. Recipes must be
      original. Let me know if you want your recipe credited with your
      name or not.

      If anyone has cookbook or writing experience, I'd be happy to get
      any tips.

      Thanks a lot!

      Sharon
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 27, 2004
        Sharon asked for recipies. This might be included in her cookbook as a
        side note.

        Substitution and Cooking Tips
        For best results, select recipiesdeveloped for using honey. When you do
        substitute honey for granulated sugar in recipes, begin by substituting
        honey for up to half of the sugar called for in the recipe. With
        experimeentation, honey can be substituted for all of the sugar in some
        recipies. When substituting honey for sugar in baked goods:
        * Reduce the liquid in the recipe by 1/4 cup for each cup of honey
        used.
        * Add about 1/2 teaspoon baking soda for each cup of honey used.
        * Reduce oven temperature by 25 degrees to prevent over-browning.

        Note: Honey should not be fed to infants under one year of age> Hoeny
        is a safe and wholesome food for older children and adults.

        The "Substitution and Cooking Tips" is courtesy of the National Honey Board.

        Mike