Photo: Abundant pollen entry.

  • Julio Ernst
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 9, 2014
    • thaugen1
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28, 2014
        That orange-pumpkin colored pollen is like the pollen my bees have collected for the last few weeks; now it's tapering off.  I have been curious as to which plants the bees are obtaining this color of pollen from in August in the inland Northwest.  Anyone know or any guesses?
        Thanks,   Tom
      • chris o
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28, 2014
          One of the major early fall bloomers in the SE is Goldenrod. I'm seeing the same color of pollen here & speculated Goldenrod is the source.

          Chris in Georgia

          On Thursday, August 28, 2014 9:34 AM, "thaugen1@... [Beekeeping]" <Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

          That orange-pumpkin colored pollen is like the pollen my bees have collected for the last few weeks; now it's tapering off.  I have been curious as to which plants the bees are obtaining this color of pollen from in August in the inland Northwest.  Anyone know or any guesses?
          Thanks,   Tom

        • Carol A Sharpe
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 28, 2014
            Another source of golden orange pollen here in the south east is Giant Ragweed. My girls are very busy working the tiny blossoms and packing in the pollen. Goldenrod is just now barely starting here in southern middle TN. Boneset pollen is white. It is also blooming now.
            --
            Carol in TN