Fw: [Beekeeping] Feeding Honeybees Honey May Increase Mortality

  • chris o
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 9, 2014
      That was my 1st thought. But the study covers that and (if accurate) says unfed bees do as well. After a year of hearing "FEED FEED FEED," that makes my head spin!

      I supposed one could look at it from the POV of feral bees. No one feeds them. And yet they survive (declining, yes, but so are managed bees). So one has to wonder if the author has a point - why feed if in the final analysis, it is no help?

      Chris

    • chris o
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 9, 2014
        That was my 1st thought. But the study covers that and (if accurate) says unfed bees do as well. After a year of hearing "FEED FEED FEED," that makes my head spin!

        I supposed one could look at it from the POV of feral bees. No one feeds them. And yet they survive (declining, yes, but so are managed bees). So one has to wonder if the author has a point - why feed if in the final analysis, it is no help?

        Chris

      • Rich
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 9, 2014
          And just because you feed does not mean they won't decline/die any ways!

          Rich