processing beeswax

  • garden@trybalrevival.com
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 5, 2013
      I'm looking for recommendations for books or other instructional resources for how to clean and process beeswax. I used a "crush & strain" method to harvest this year and I have about six 1-gallon zip locks full of beeswax in the freezer. I'd like to do candles and/or other products, but not sure how to start. Any good resources?
    • mdudley
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 5, 2013

         There are a number of ways to render.  This is a good tutorial:

        http://snapguide.com/guides/clean-and-render-beeswax/

        A youtube presentation using a crockpot:

        http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ai5cyg80qE

        This is the method I use:

        http://greenroadfarm.com/beekeeping/?page_id=566

        Marshall