RE: [Beekeeping] Classes in beekeeping - how to best find out about them?

  • Kewisch, Jorg
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 8, 2013
      Finger Lakes Beekeepers Club

      info@...
      http://flbeeclub.com
      From: Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com [Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com] on behalf of gmenzenski@... [gmenzenski@...]
      Sent: Sunday, September 08, 2013 9:22 PM
      To: Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [Beekeeping] Classes in beekeeping - how to best find out about them?

      I've been reading about keeping bees and would like to start with my own hive next year. From various postings, it looks like many classes are offered over the winter and/or early spring. How can I best find out about upcoming intro beekeeping classes near Ithaca, NY?
      Thanks for your input and help.

      Greg
    • Crzy-Pony
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 9, 2013
        Hey Greg contact your State Beekeepers association or agi dept
        Good Luck
        Marlene
        NH

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 9, 2013
          >>>  How can I best find out about upcoming intro beekeeping classes near Ithaca, NY?

          Check in with your county extension office.

          Mike in LA
        • gmenzenski
          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 9, 2013

            Thanks for the input but looks like http://flbeeclub.com is down. When I try to access it I get a list of error messages.

            Greg

            --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, <beekeeping@yahoogroups.com> wrote:

            Finger Lakes Beekeepers Club

            info@...
            http://flbeeclub.com
            I've been reading about keeping bees and would like to start with my own hive next year. From various postings, it looks like many classes are offered over the winter and/or early spring. How can I best find out about upcoming intro beekeeping classes near Ithaca, NY?
            Thanks for your input and help.

            Greg
          • Jimmie Turner
            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 9, 2013

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 9, 2013

                This is what I got, only about thirty lines of this, when I  tried to access the  Finger Lakes Beekeepers Club   :   Strict Standards: Non-static method JLoader::import() should not be called statically in /home/flbeeclu/public_html/libraries/joomla/import.php on line 29 (plus an additional umteen  number of lines).

                The Finger Lakes Beekeepers Club web page cannot be accessed by a Macintosh running Firefox.

                Mike in LA
              • Kewisch, Jorg
                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 9, 2013
                  I get the same, but it worked last night. I guess they messed with the web server. wait a couple of days and try again.

                  Jorg
                • LINDA PICAZO
                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 9, 2013
                    go to the ag ....dept in your area, they usually can give  you the info of bee keepers club .. that's where you get the class info.

                    >>>  How can I best find out about upcoming intro beekeeping classes near Ithaca, NY?

                    Check in with your county extension office.

                    Mike in LA
                  • Jorg Kewisch
                    Message 9 of 10 , Sep 10, 2013
                      The Web page is fixed