Dead Drones After Mating

  • honeycomb_hill
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 28, 2013
      I have been raising queens off and on all summer. But not to here recently have I ever seen anything like this.

      On a Saturday I had a cell emerge in a nuc. On the following Wednesday a few hours after a rain storm passed I walked the bee yard. That's when I found drones everywhere in front of the nuc with the virgin queen. A lot of them were dead or drying. The weird part is their endtrails were hanging out. As if they mated. Watch the video I made below and give me your thought.