FINALLY back!!

  • karon
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 24, 2013

      Well, I was finally able to go into my hives for the first time in nearly a month!  At the end of July, I was preparing to requeen because the queens in my hives were form  what is, apparently, a bad batch/beeyard/whatever <sigh> then, while waiting for the queens, I fell and broke my kneecap!  I spent a week in hospital and 2 weeks in rehab. When I came home, I have had to recover enough to go into the beeyard.

      Oh, sad day! My poor girls! They are HUNGRY!!  Absolutely NOTHING in the supers. And both hives were MAD and NOISY when I went in. I can’t say I blame them. We have had SO much rain, they have not really been able to forage and much of the nectar is probably washed away.

      I did see several foragers bringing in pollen which gives me hope. There was quite a bit of brood being raised and there was some capped honey in the pantries. So, that’s good. I am supervising the making of more syrup for them to have them jump started going into the fall. It has just been one thing and another this year <sigh>

      Karon Adams

      Accredited Jewelry Professional (GIA)

      You can send a Rosary to a soldier!

      www.facebook.com/MilitaryRosary