Re: [Beekeeping] Queen for sale

  • Crzy-Pony
    Message 1 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013
      Umm you need to state where you are? It sure would help
      Marlene
      NH

      Message 2 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013
        I'm sorry.
        But in my own defense may I point out that on the bottom of everyone of my emails are included the following.

        Bill Husztek
        Black Squirrel Cottage Enterprises
        7558 Marshall Drive
        Annandale, VA 22003
        703-573-8842

        I sort of thought that might answer the question of where I am.

        ---- On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 05:01:08 -0700 Crzy-Pony <crzybishma@...> wrote ----

        Message 3 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013

          looking thru what you just posted, I see your address only twice, once in your original and once just now

          I see at least 4 replies from you without it

          just sayin............

          Message 4 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013
            So sorry just got this email  I guess I need to scroll down more  ooops  Va is a bit far for me
            Marlene
            NH

            Message 5 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013
              Well at this end its appended automagically. And all the reflected ones which I Bcc to myself always have it too.

              But, I have been wrong once or twice in my short life, and computers are certainly a place where I often find myself tangling up feet and teeth.

              To anyone who hasn't been getting them I sincerely apologize.
              I'll try to keep it in mind in the future.

              Anyway, those queens are due in on Thursday or Friday of this week.

              Thanks,

              ---- On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 13:46:54 -0700 Gary Glaenzer<glaenzer@...> wrote ----

              Message 6 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013
                Oh Bill I just looked at your original message and your address is not there, sooo No big deal your still to far away LOL
                Marlene
                 NH

                Message 7 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013
                  Can you strap one of them Queens to a Squirrel and send it on up?
                  Marlene
                  NH

                  Message 8 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013
                    Serious?

                    How about next day, fed express?

                    ---- On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 15:49:19 -0700 Crzy-Pony<crzybishma@...> wrote ----

                    Message 9 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013
                      I was joking  I never thought of sending a Queen through the mail. Is it possible and is it truly worth it with the chance of  her dying and loosing the money.
                      Marlene

                      Message 10 of 15 , Jun 25, 2013
                        No, I don't think so.

                        However, you have to understand these queens will already have traveled 1200 miles in U.S.P.S. regular mail when they get to me.

                        They should have been caged and put in the mail today.
                        I will get them on Thursday at the earliest. Friday if my postal carrier who is first off the boat Vietnamese and doesn't speak English does her usual routine of just giving me a undelivered mail notice for next day pickup.

                        I normally give them water and some honey when I open them. Last shipment there were twelve. Then I put the word out to those who have asked about them that they can come pick them up. These happen ususally by Saturday pm. By then I will have watered them twice each day, and fed them one helping of honey each full day.

                        Along with keeping them cool and in the dark for the most part, they are in excellent shape.
                        I put the last of those 12 queens into my own hives on the following Thursday, a total of ten days in cage and they could have stayed longer.

                        So, I didn't know if you were serious or not, but if so I was prepared to feed your queen and then ship her out overnight. You'd have to pay the FedEx charge along with the $30.00. No charge for caring and feeding for you girl while she's here.

                        ---- On Tue, 25 Jun 2013 17:47:28 -0700 Crzy-Pony <crzybishma@...> wrote ----

                        Message 11 of 15 , Jun 26, 2013
                          Do you know what the FEDX charge would be?  I paid 50 for two last year from a local in upper NH. One left ( didn't like the digs I guess)  and the other was killed by the mob. Again money down the drain. This has been a loosing battle for me for 5 years now, this is actually only the second time I have gotten a hive through the winter. AND now the queen is gone again and the hive is full of drones. When I checked last week the girls had a queen cell in the lower deep so when I get a chance I will go in again she has hatched and hope she can kick some bee butt and shape up the place. At this point I may or may not continue keeping bees. I enjoy them but losing them is hard and disappointing plus the money spent and lost :(  I don't think I will chance a queen through the mail at this point , at least not until I get a stable hive or two.
                          Marlene
                          NH

                          Message 12 of 15 , Jun 26, 2013
                            Hi and Wow, Marlene.
                            I personally wouldn't chance having queen bees reshipped a second time from VA to NH, after possibly having been mailed USPS from TX to VA. I would search for a more local source in NH, VT, MA or ME, or order them direct myself. I've been away from your area for a long time so haven't kept up with the local supply scene. I do have a friend Christy Hemenway of Gold Star Honeybees (and Hives) in Bath, ME who may be a good source of advice and information. Why don't you give her a call at (207)449-1121 or email to info@... ?

                            baldbeeman
                            COLORADO

                            --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, Crzy-Pony <crzybishma@...> wrote:

                            > Do you know what the FEDX charge would be?  I paid 50 for two last year from a local in upper NH. One left ( didn't like the digs I guess)  and the other was killed by the mob. Again money down the drain. This has been a loosing battle for me for 5 years now, this is actually only the second time I have gotten a hive through the winter. AND now the queen is gone again and the hive is full of drones. When I checked last week the girls had a queen cell in the lower deep so when I get a chance I will go in again she has hatched and hope she can kick some bee butt and shape up the place. At this point I may or may not continue keeping bees. I enjoy them but losing them is hard and disappointing plus the money spent and lost :(  I don't think I will chance a queen through the mail at this point , at least not until I get a stable hive or two.
                            > Marlene
                            > NH
                            >

                            > ________________________________

                          • Crzy-Pony
                            Message 13 of 15 , Jun 26, 2013
                              Thanks But I think I am going to wait till I see what this hive is going to do
                              Marlene
                              NH

                              ymailto="mailto:beekeeper@yahoogroups.com">beekeeper@yahoogroups.com>; Beekeeping <beekeeping@yahoogroups.com>

                              ymailto="mailto:dave.taylor186@...">dave.taylor186@...> wrote ----