  • Carrie H
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 24, 2013
      I have to share...

      About three weeks ago, I installed a frame of brood from a strong hive to a weak one, and inspected it today. It is doing wonderfully! I can't believe what a difference it made. I didn't include any nurse bees, just a good frame of brood. I'm so happy with the outcome that I thought I'd share.

      My bees are are still sucking up the sugar water though, even the strong hive. I put a full quart on yesterday morning and by evening it was gone. Does that sound normal for central Florida? Poll levels are still registering low accordingly to the weather reports. How are they in your area?

      Carrie in Florida
    • Crzy-Pony
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 24, 2013
        Wow that's great Carrie I wish I could do that. Good job, I can't tell you about the rest because I am in NH, but good luck
        Marlene
        About three weeks ago, I installed a frame of brood from a strong hive to a weak one, and inspected it today.  It is doing wonderfully!  I can't believe what a difference it made.  I didn't include any nurse bees, just a good frame of brood.  I'm so happy with the outcome that I thought I'd share.

        My bees are are still sucking up the sugar water though, even the strong hive.  I put a full quart on yesterday morning and by evening it was gone.  Does that sound normal for central Florida?  Poll levels are still registering low accordingly to the weather reports.  How are they in your area?

        Carrie in Florida

        <*> Your email settings:
            Individual Email | Traditional

        <*> To change settings online go to:
            (Yahoo! ID required)

        <*> To change settings via email:
            Beekeeping-digest@yahoogroups.com
            Beekeeping-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

            http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Christopher Rappitt
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 26, 2013
          May try with one of mine..thanks for sharing     luv from Forest of Dean. UK.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 26, 2013
            You're still on this list? I find that surprising. Are you in a better
            mood now than you were when you sent your last email to the list?

            Matthew

            --
            Matthew McCleary KF5VUD
            m@... - 575-517-0004