Re: [Beekeeping] Re: Ants and Hive Stands

  • Carrie H
    Message 1 of 31 , May 22, 2013
      I was having a really bad ant problem when my hives were on cynder blocks. I then tried the can with oil under each leg but lost several bees from drowning. Ant nests were really bad under the blocks. I killed the ants and replaced my stands with old metal chairs. I cut the backs off and removed the wooden seats. This made really good stands and the ants don't seem to climb up the metal legs. Oh I did sprinkle an ant killer around each leg just for safe guards. I did all this after loosing a good hive from bull ants. I hope this helps.
    • Shiloh Kelly
      Message 31 of 31 , May 31, 2013
        Put cinnamon in them.