Removing bees without doing a cut out

  • Daryl
    Message 1 of 2 , May 13, 2013
      What's the best way to remove bees when you can't do a cut out? I have a guy who has a fiberglass boat and the bees are entering from a small opening from the back of the boat. I have a video him I can figure out how to post it.
    • roger g
      Message 2 of 2 , May 14, 2013
        To get them out you can put a screen funel over the entrance so foragers can't get back in. If you have plenty of time you can put a box with frames in agaist to hole so they have to exit thru super and try to get them to build in super. I've had luck with this a couple times. Then when you find the queen laying in super move it aside w/queen. put funel on then after all brood has hatched out open up for new colony in supe to rob out rest. roger NJ