Re: [Beekeeping] Re: Swarm traps

  • Thomas Janstrom
    Message 1 of 7 , May 4, 2013
      I'm betting drift is a real issue (in other videos he moves them around to compensate). Yes not a productive way to keep bees and for sure it is wasteful of both bees and drawn comb.

      They are illegal in my country too.....

      I just like the swarm net thingy he uses to catch his prime swarms, very neat idea.....

      Thomas.

      On 5/05/2013 12:28 AM, mdudley@... wrote:

      How on earth do they ever figure out which is their colony? Even I would be confused by the maze of skeps they have.

      Skeps are illegal in my state, interesting they still use them elsewhere. I guess they are ideal for swarm production and capture, but seem worthless for honey production.

      Marshall