re; swarn traps

  • sgtwal
    Message 1 of 3 , May 3, 2013
      From what I remember the swarm moves about 200 to 300 feet on the first move, then farther from there.
      Message 2 of 3 , May 3, 2013
        >>>>    From what I remember the swarm moves about 200 to 300 feet on the first
        move,

        I've had them move as little as 25 feet from the hive and cluster while waiting for the next move.

        Mike in LA
      • Kakerby
        Message 3 of 3 , May 3, 2013
          We've had several swarms that moved less than 50' from the hive on their first swarming flight, and two of those finally chose a baited set of supers we'd set up hoping for just such a move-in, right in our existing bee yard.  Total elapsed distance was less than 100'.  The other hive flew up and away and we never did see where they landed or where they ended up......
          Kathryn Kerby
          frogchorusfarm.com
          Snohomish, WA

          I've had them move as little as 25 feet from the hive and cluster while waiting for the next move.