RE: [Beekeeping] CCD linked to fructose corn syrup and pesticides

  • husztek
    Message 1 of 19 , May 1, 2013
      John,

      You won't find me on the other side of that media bias question. I just watched the turnout at the White House Reporters dinner.

      Mea culpa on the other. My old eyes mis-read o as an a, which I just bought one of last spring.
      I guess my real question is what is an Ipod.

      But for the bigger picture, I am somewhat convinced that much of our problem with whatever it is that is killing our bees relates back to (1) the I system of highways, in tandem with (2) the gypsy beekeeping school which every year concentrates over half the bees in captivity in California for almonds or Maine for blueberries.

      Those factors using (3) an antique beekeeping method which I recently noted was developed in 1850, the same year as the Compromise of 1850 has created a perfect circle of devastation of our bees. And (4) our attempts to dump pharmaceuticals and chemicals into the mixture seems to be amping up the result. Finally having the cumulative effects of neonics and anything else coming out of the backdoor of Dow, Monsanto, or Beyer, "Better living through Chemistry"  may be the various faces of the fourth horseman for the bees.

      ---- On Wed, 01 May 2013 09:23:09 -0700 John Myrah<johnmyrah@...> wrote ----

      Bill, Mike said IPod, not Ipad which is correct. With regard to the media Mike is spot on. We have an enormous problem with a very biased media more bent on their political and financial goals then reporting the facts in a fair and truthful manner.

      Take care, John

      To: Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com
      CC: Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com
      From: husztek@...
      Date: Wed, 1 May 2013 09:13:06 -0700
      Subject: Re: [Beekeeping] CCD linked to fructose corn syrup and pesticides

      Actually, Mike you would be wrong.

      The Ipad was a relative late comer compared to CCD or its related ills.

      And, I have long wondered the following.
      If cane and beet sugar, and corn syrup are just as good for our bees, why don't we have naturally evolved bee varieties which produce them?

      So, we would have, sugar bees, syrup bees, and honey bees.

      ---- On Wed, 01 May 2013 09:01:48 -0700 Mike S<mws1112004@...> wrote ----

      >>>    Feeding of high fructose corn syrup has been linked to CCD.

      WHO is doing the reporting?  The media.  What is their main concern right now?  Survival.  Some of the printed media is collapsing due to lack of readership, or going through reduced publication volume.  As a result they are continually exploiting "alarmist" topics, blowing up the severity of some or a lot of events to increase an interest in their publications and to increase their readership.   And, because they deem it unimportant in increasing their volume of sales are failing to report some events of public concern.  This is also true of a lot of the airwave media, both conservative and liberal.   It seems to me that the "news" is now more about survival of the reporting sources than it is about the dispersal of correct and pertinent news.

      If you believe most of what you read and hear in the media I would suggest that you are naive.   Don't believe half of what you read and/or hear from the media unless it is corroborated by three or four different and divergent sources.  And even then be a little skeptical.   HFCS and sucrose (sugar) have about as much to do with CCD as the advent of the iPod into public use has an affect on CCD.  If I recall, seems as if the iPod boom occurred about the same time as CCD appeared.

      Mike in LA

      Bill Husztek
      Black Squirrel Cottage Enterprises
      7558 Marshall Drive