Re: [Beekeeping] Re: Bee removal from house

  • Crzy-Pony
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 30, 2013
      The shop vac by itself is to harsh and will kill them, on line you will find directions for a Bee vac,its worth building.To help locate them you might use a glass pressed to the wall or a stethoscope. listen for the heaviest/loudest sound when you tap on the wall. Once you figure out where they are congregated go to work in your bee suit, and hopefully in a closed room.
      good luck let us know how you make out.
      Marlene

      Message 2 of 6 , Apr 30, 2013
        Another way of locating them would be to turn the heat off (or the air conditioner to cold), then use an infrared thermometer to find the hot spot of their brood nest. If there is insulation between them and one of the walls, you may have to do it on the outside instead of the inside.

        Marshall

        Marshall