Re: [Beekeeping] Good news, bad news; Hive Stand Rearrangement

    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 29, 2013
      >>>    Well, the hives are
      very nicely and securely set on Cinder blocks. When I added the second super and closed the hive, I realized that, very soon, I am going to be forced  to take the entire hive apart and remove one course of blocks

      Here is where friends help.  Instead of breaking apart the hives, get two friends to lift one end of your hive stand, or one hive if you have your hives directly on cinder blocks, remove a level of cinder blocks and then go to the other end of the stand and repeat.  Keep doing that until you have the hives down to the level you want them.  Causes very little, if any, disturbance to the hive(s).