Re: [Beekeeping] Question about salvaged wood from pallets

  • Bill D
    Message 1 of 6 , Apr 21, 2013
      I wonder if the HT is wat was used to insure all seeds that may have hitched a ride along with bio or insect hazard.

      An insecticide would only of course kill insect pests.

      On Sun, Apr 21, 2013 at 9:33 PM, Bill D <dickerson888@...> wrote:
      I did some googling. I think DE MV is

      and IPPC is

      http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/International_Plant_Protection_Convention

      of course these are WAGs.

      On Fri, Apr 19, 2013 at 5:46 PM, Thomas Janstrom <t_janstrom@...> wrote:

      Ok so I scored the delivery pallets/crates for some medical imaging
      equipment from Germany and I'm wondering if I can use it to build either
      hive bodies or associated equipment.

      The timber itself is Russian in origin, and is stamped with a wheat ear
      in a box with IPPC on it, and in a separate box there is the following:
      DE MV next line 49005 next line HT. Outside these boxes is 4 6/12 (I
      think this is pallet make date as they all have that).

      So I know the HT is high temperature, but I'm not sure about the rest,
      and the timber is the best I've ever seen in packing crates in my life
      as it would be a shame if I couldn't make some use of it.

      Cheers, Thomas.

      --
      Respectfully,
      Bill Dickerson