Video of new hive

  • mdudley
    Message 1 of 1 , Apr 20, 2013
      I just posted a video of my new hive. A 3 frame nuc was installed in it last Sunday, and it was only 55 F when this was shot, but there is still a good bit of activity, with lots of yellow pollen, probably from either willow or maple, coming in.

      One thing of interest is the entrance reducer which I designed and fabricated. It is adjustable from closed to about 5", and is ventilated the full length. When I moved them from the apiary where I got the nuc, I simply closed the reducer completely, and once set up, simply slide the slide to open it up some.

      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7obeg3X5G6Y&feature=youtu.be

      Marshall