Re: [Beekeeping] Re: My bees like dirty water.

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 17 5:07 PM
      >>>   will that effect the honey? I don't particularly like drinking or eating bleach

      You don't want to know where bees go to get water that are located next to beef or hog farms then.

      Mike in LA
    • roger g
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 18 4:06 AM
        Try some sea salt. bees love it roger NJ

        --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, Mike S <mws1112004@...> wrote:

        > You don't want to know where bees go to get water that are located next to beef or hog farms then.
        >
        > Mike in LA

      • Anne Money
        Message 3 of 13 , Apr 18 4:31 AM
          I cut wine corks lengthwise for them to lounge and drink safely.

          On Apr 16, 2013, at 11:23 PM, Bill D <Dickerson888@...> wrote:

          Float a flat piece of bark in the water. They can climb on it if they fall in.

          It may be so clear maybe they can't get a good idea of the surface location.

          That's just a WAG.

          Not sure of the perception of how the ladies perceive the water surface. Maybe somebody here knows.

          On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 10:12 PM, Rick Kumer <rkumer1056@...> wrote:

          bees like there water with flavor

          On Tue, Apr 16, 2013 at 9:17 PM, <mdudley@...> wrote:

          Got my nuc over the weekend, and there is a lot of activity now. Only thing is they have decided to get their water from the bird bath. This water is yucky, birds bathe in it, and some poop in it. I used the hose today to wash out the gunk, and now it is crystal clear water. Well, they stopped getting their water there. They would land, and immediately take off.

          I am not sure what to do except leave it as a cess pool.

          Marshall

          --
          Respectfully,
          Bill Dickerson