RE: [Beekeeping] Do I have to use supers?

    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 12, 2013
      >>>   Do I have to use Medium Supers? Why can't they just continue to stack Deep Hive Body's?

      Full hive bodies of honey weigh somewhere around 90 pounds.  Plus you can't lift this weight close to your body.  It's stuck out there about 10" or so away from your body.  This makes a big difference in lifting.  Your call.

      Mike in LA
    • Rick
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 12, 2013
        Simply yes you can, the only problem is a deep weights 70-90 lbs when full honey. but if you remove frame by frame no problem

        --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, "karon" <karon@...> wrote:

        > OMG! You don't want to LIFT a full hive body of honey!!
        >

        > Karon Adams
        >
        > Accredited Jewelry Professional (GIA)
        >
        > You can send a Rosary to a soldier!
        >
        > www.facebook.com/MilitaryRosary
        >
        > www.YellowRibbonRosaries.com

      • Blaine Nay
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 13, 2013
          I've been lifting full deep supers for 50 years. My dad is still doing
          the same at age 87. I confess that I did quilt hauling deep super down
          ladders.

          Your mileage may vary.

          Blaine Nay
          www.ironbee.us