Re: [Beekeeping] Uncapping frames

    Message 1 of 13 , Apr 10, 2013
      >>>  surface tension will pull the newly liquid material away from the
      melt zone towards the cooler areas. So in this case it will wick towards the edges of the cell leaving the honey clean and uncapped.

      So you are saying that the melted wax will resolidify on the top edges of the cell cup?  You have used this process to uncap honey for extraction?  If so, have you ever noticed a skim of wax on the top of the honey when it's stored?

      Mike in LA
    • Matt Tucker
      Message 2 of 13 , Apr 18, 2013
        I just don't like the idea of using heat of any kind if I can help it. Raw and natural is best.

        Matt

        Uncapping frames Sat Apr 6, 2013 6:21 pm (PDT) . Posted by: "Daryl" pastordarylmiller What are the pros and cons regarding uncapping frames using heat Blow dryer versus a knife? Can you use any blowdryer or do you need something that gets up to a certain temperature?