Re: [Beekeeping] What happened to Root?

  • Gary Glaenzer
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2013
      sadly, YES

      ----- Original Message -----
      Sent: Monday, February 25, 2013 10:34 AM
      Subject: [Beekeeping] What happened to Root?

      When I was keeping bees in the 60's one of the major suppliers was AI Root, which also published Gleanings in Bee culture. Now that I am getting back into beekeeping with the new survivor strains available I am getting catalogs from various companies, such as Kelly and Dadant. But when I try to find Root, all I can find is a candle company. Did they stop making beekeeping supplies?

      Thanks,

      Marshall

    • Blaine Nay
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 25, 2013
        Yup. Gone.

        I also miss those old reversible extractors made by Superior Honey
        Company of Ogden of Utah. I used one owned by the leader of my 4-H
        beekeeping club back in the '60s. Built like a tank.

        Blaine Nay
        www.ironbee.us