Re: [Beekeeping] What happened to Root?

  • Tim Arheit
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 25, 2013
      Yes, they did stop making bee supplies (not quite sure when, but it was before my time)

      -Tim

      On 2/25/2013 11:34 AM, mdudley@... wrote:

      When I was keeping bees in the 60's one of the major suppliers was AI Root, which also published Gleanings in Bee culture. Now that I am getting back into beekeeping with the new survivor strains available I am getting catalogs from various companies, such as Kelly and Dadant. But when I try to find Root, all I can find is a candle company. Did they stop making beekeeping supplies?

      Thanks,

      Marshall

    • Gary Glaenzer
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 25, 2013
        sadly, YES

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 25, 2013
          Yup. Gone.

          I also miss those old reversible extractors made by Superior Honey
          Company of Ogden of Utah. I used one owned by the leader of my 4-H
          beekeeping club back in the '60s. Built like a tank.

          Blaine Nay
          www.ironbee.us