Re: Bees 'pick up electric signals'

  • Terence Planke
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 22, 2013
       Hmmm!

        Couldn't help but notice that all of the research mention pertained to
        bumblebees yet earlier today, when the article was initially posted,
        it contained a picture of a frame of honey bees.

        It seems the newspaper grabbed the wrong "stock photo" to
        accompany the bumblebee-related research.   <g>

        Glad to see they corrected the problem.

        Now the question is does this research also apply to honey bees?

    • mdudley
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 22, 2013
        Seems about right. I notice that quite often when an article is on honeybees, they put up a picture of a hornet's nest.

        I would suspect that this would also apply to honeybees. I doubt a plant can tell what specifically pollinated it.

        Marshall