RE: [Beekeeping] Vegan insanity

  • karon
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 2013

      Yes, and I am sure there is still someone, somewhere that does the same thing and I am sure there is someone, somewhere that still raids hives in the wild. And there are people in the world who mistreat dogs and cats and there are those who don’t tend their cattle as we would consider correct.

      But, the occasional, perhaps even too frequent, incorrect behaviors one can find once in a while do not justify the condemnation of every beekeeper, herder or any other group in the world. and, yep, she needs to certainly give up all her various luxuries. Not only is there misuse, somewhere in the world to create the energy, but, somewhere in the world there is low price labor making her various consumer goods, there are surely low paid or unpaid labor picking her vegetables for her vegan lifestyle and just imagine all the horrid things her use of bottled water is contributing to the world in terms of pollution. What she REALLY needs to do, if she would live the idealistic, light footprint lifestyle she preaches, is move her tail to the property I own in Texas and grow her own food on that land. Plenty of room there for her to live and 50 acres where she can grow all the vegetables she likes. If she wants honey, she is free to keep bees there, if she wishes and she can treat those insects as humanely as she likes. She can leave the cows that live there to wander as they will and make sure she leaves enough veggies in the garden for the wild hogs in the area and between them all, I am certain she will find happiness, living hand in hand with nature, growing her food, making her own clothes and so on. Works for me!

      Karon Adams

      Accredited Jewelry Professional (GIA)

      You can send a Rosary to a soldier!

      www.facebook.com/MilitaryRosary