Re: [Beekeeping] Vegan insanity

  • Gary Glaenzer
    Message 1 of 6 , Jan 28, 2013
      My standard rebuttal to any condemnation of 'animals for meat' is to ask:

      " If the Good Lord did not want us to eat animals, why did He make them out of meat ?

      He could have used dirt, or rock, or wood, in His wisdom, right ? "

      Then sit back and enjoy the deer-in-the-headlights look.............

      Message 2 of 6 , Jan 28, 2013

        That is usually a good argument except that, since I am a Catholic Christian, she has decided that atheism is the best way to make me mad.

        Nope, my argument is usually simply, I will listen to your arguments about protecting helpless lives and protecting anything that “MIGHT” feel or understand pain WHEN you apply your deep love, respect and symbolic protection of a cow to a human infant. When you go off on a ‘meat is murder’ march and follow it up with a pro abortion march, I’m thinking you have lost the argument.

          --
          Respectfully,
          Bill Dickerson

          In god we trust, all others we run NCIC
        • Tim Arheit

            Message 5 of 6 , Jan 28, 2013

              Yes, and I am sure there is still someone, somewhere that does the same thing and I am sure there is someone, somewhere that still raids hives in the wild. And there are people in the world who mistreat dogs and cats and there are those who don’t tend their cattle as we would consider correct.

              But, the occasional, perhaps even too frequent, incorrect behaviors one can find once in a while do not justify the condemnation of every beekeeper, herder or any other group in the world. and, yep, she needs to certainly give up all her various luxuries. Not only is there misuse, somewhere in the world to create the energy, but, somewhere in the world there is low price labor making her various consumer goods, there are surely low paid or unpaid labor picking her vegetables for her vegan lifestyle and just imagine all the horrid things her use of bottled water is contributing to the world in terms of pollution. What she REALLY needs to do, if she would live the idealistic, light footprint lifestyle she preaches, is move her tail to the property I own in Texas and grow her own food on that land. Plenty of room there for her to live and 50 acres where she can grow all the vegetables she likes. If she wants honey, she is free to keep bees there, if she wishes and she can treat those insects as humanely as she likes. She can leave the cows that live there to wander as they will and make sure she leaves enough veggies in the garden for the wild hogs in the area and between them all, I am certain she will find happiness, living hand in hand with nature, growing her food, making her own clothes and so on. Works for me!