Flu Epidemic Increases Demand for Raw Honey

  • Charles Walter
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 12, 2013
      Honey has been used for eons in many cultures for treating and managing upper respiratory infection symptoms and the World Health Organization recommends the use of honey to soothe cough in kids over one year old. It is a well known antioxidant with antimicrobial effects which helps to heal wounds and burns.
      Read more at: http://bit.ly/UZw6fQ
      Charles Walter

    • Candy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 14, 2013
        I can just imagine the increased need for raw honey for antimicrobial and antiviral treatments. Honey is about the best thing for wounds and respiratory infections one can get. Propolis is another great one for treating upper respiratory infections. I use herbal treatments for myself and my family all the time. Honey, mixed in elderberry juice, kept refrigerated, is about the best cough syrup out there. Just be sure that when using honey for medicinal purposes, isn't heated. The heat will destroy the natural healing properties of the honey. To avoid the flu, start with good hand washing techniques, stay at least 3 feet away from anyone who is coughing or has the sniffles, don't share eating or drinking utensils, use good "cough" hygiene, and that honey...take at least a teaspoon a day for the antiviral properties to keep your immune system up.
          Candy
          (Retired Infection Control RN)