Re: [Beekeeping] Commercial Honey Competition

  • Alan
    Message 1 of 9 , Dec 31, 2012
      I agree with Mike.

      We have a sign on our front yard fence advertising local honey for sale. All else, we sell via word of mouth. All in all, subtracting what we keep for our own consumption, we sell everything that three hives produce each year. No effort at all about selling honey. It's like having a garden in your back yard and selling from your porch. People would rather buy local, real local, then purchase even from stands down the road. And once you make that first sell, they keep coming back for more!

      Alan, Lakeview, NY