Re: Western beekeepers hopeful of varroa mite solution

  • mdudley@king-cart.com
    Message 1 of 10 , Dec 14, 2012
      I only recently saw that term. I thought it was likely a contraction of bee and geek. But checking the dictionary the accepted definitions are:

      1.) A prehistoric animal with an awkward wingspan.
      2.) An outrageously adorable person with dinosaur-like qualities.

      Neither of which seem applicable to someone on the net sight unseen.

      Marshall

      --- In Beekeeping@yahoogroups.com, "Gary Glaenzer" <glaenzer@...> wrote:

      > What is it with the slang like 'beeks' ????
      >
      > Good grief, is it THAT much trouble to write 'beekeepers' ?
      >

      > It's nearly as bad as amateur radio operators referring to mentors as 'Elmers'
      >
      > I'm sure the only 'Elmer' that a lot of young folks know is Elmer Fudd, is that what they want the public to think that they are ?
      >
      > 'Be vewwy, vweww qwiet.......I'm twying to work a wawe countwey...........'
      >
      > Soapbox now available for next ranter
      >
      > Gary
      >

      > <go around the country filling the minds of hobby beeks (mostly new beeks) with ideas like this>

    • Spayneuteryourpets Spayneuteryourpets
      Message 2 of 10 , Dec 14, 2012
        I thought it was short for beekeepers.