Re: [Beekeeping] Re: Freeman Beetle Trap & Pickling Lime

    Message 1 of 8 , Dec 10, 2012
      From: mdudley@... <mdudley@...>
      >>>   I emailed Mr. Freeman about the lime and he was wanting to know if he
      could get the name and phone number of the breeder that uses lime.

      I will try to forward the request to the queen producer.  I'm not sure that I have an e-mail address for him.  When talking to him he made no mention of the lime absorbing moisture and crusting over.  And, it may be that he empties the trap every couple of weeks and thus renews the lime before it has a chance to crust over.  I will leave it up to him as to whether he contacts Mr. Freeman.